Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Proud Mama

Today was my Katherine's last day of Pre K.  Naturally, I took pictures as I did the first day so that I could end her Pre K scrapbook the same as I had started it.  Yes, I am saddened by the fact that she is no longer a "baby"; she is now a "kid".  Preschooler sounds so young and innocent (I get that she still in fact is but you know what I mean) yet she is 5 and now officially a Kindergarten student. 
When she came home in her backpack was her final report card.  I believe they don't mail them because Pre K has large report cards and the postage must be a lot. I looked it over and she got all 3's which is the same as straight A's!!! She has been getting 3's with the exception of the 2 in using scissors.  Stepping outside of my comfort zone paid off as she has improved.  So here I am this afternoon making sure to post and or tell everyone of Katherine's achievement.  Annoying Mama or Proud Mama?  : )
What can I say?  I have a very intelligent Katherine.  She has been able to read since before she started school this past year.  My husband and I both are extreme book lovers..... okay I may be the extreme one but he does love reading also, and we are beyond pleased that she has picked up our love of reading. 
I believe that Kat is actually trying to figure out why I keep telling her how proud I am of her.  I don't know what has come over me.  Really I don't.  All I know is that I am so proud of her and what she has accomplished and hope to create an environment for her to continue to achieve.

There she goes for the last time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment