Friday, June 15, 2012

Confronting Jezebel ---- Book Review

I believe this is the 2nd or 3rd printing of this book.  It has been reprinted to include more content.  At the end of each chapter is some questions and a small prayer. 

This book is about confronting the Jezebels in your life.  The manipulators and controllers that come into our lives.  It shows through example stories that have actually happened but not too many real Biblical references.  In fact, within the second chapter the author basically says all Liberals are an example of Jezebels. That's where he lost my respect.

It's good however to help show how you have been a Jezebel yourself .  Recognizing a trait in yourself is the first step in self improvement.  However, I found this more a standard self help book than teaching principles of the Bible.  Maybe it is from using so many real life stories and not those of the Bible. 

I was given this book by Chosen to review.  If I had not I may have picked it up but would not have finished it.  Besides just the offensiveness it felt too text book.  I enjoy Christian help books the way Joyce Meyer writes them.  So sorry Mr. Sampson, I will not be reading any other of your works. 

No comments:

Post a Comment