Friday, June 1, 2012

June is busting out all over

If you know and like musicals I bet you have that song in your head now.  : )  I have been missing, I know. So much has been going on and I just seem to want the quiet time at night and not have to "work" at writing.  Sorry.

I am back now though.  So let the rejoicing begin.  We will start with the monthly trait to work on with FlyLady.  June is all about drinking your water. 

Since the weather has been getting hotter it should be easier to remember to drink your water.  FlyLady even has a water bottle for sale in her FlyShop.  I personally like the plastic cups that look like they are disposable.  They are about $5.00 at Walmart.   They have some with gel walls but my mother said they will "sweat".  Mine is just the basic double wall and I can have ice water without all the water marks on my table. 

Now we all know that our bodies are made up of mostly water but what does that mean?  Turns out it should be a sign that we NEED WATER!!!!  Many of our health issues could be fixed by upping our water intake.  Tiredness, constant headaches, dizziness.... all signs of dehydration.  Plus ice water burns more calories and will make your stomach feel fuller so you can lose weight that way. 

Thinking of how bland and boring water will be if you have to constantly be drinking it to get the 8 glasses a day?  You're in luck.  Online (I used Pinterest) there were dozens of water flavors to make naturally.  So if you go out to get lemons or strawberries and blueberries for your kids snack, pop some in a container of water. 

Get your kids into drinking to by setting up a taste testing of flavors.  Let them make their own flavors up by combining fruits and herbs together. 

What I am trying to say is have fun with it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment