Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Katherine's first filling

My poor little girl had her first filling the other week.  I say first filling but truly hope she never needs another.  I unfortunately have been plagued with cavity prone teeth.  The dentist said they don't know why it just seems some people have them.  May neither of my daughters have that issue. 

To get Katherine ready I tried to read Just going to the Dentist.  I wouldn't recommend that.  It actually makes the situation scarier.  So we just tried to down play it.  (Note:  I had to hide my fear of the dentist from her). 

She did great.  They have a new dentist at the office and she was amazing.  Joking and putting Katherine at total ease.  At the end Katherine even got a certificate of Bravery that comes with a coupon for a free kids meal at Chick Fil A.  I asked why I never got one and then had to realize that the key word was Bravery.  Opps.  Looks like I will be paying full price. 

I brought her blankie to comfort her.  She also was trying to get my Zune to work but the ear buds kept popping out.

Not happy I was taking her picture because she had a bib on

Getting ready

Kids wear sunglasses because of the light

15 minutes later done.  She didn't even need numbed

1 comment:

  1. WOW! Didn't need numbed! She is brave! And I went to a dentist once who required the adults to wear sunglasses! I hated getting fillings, but my dentists says the same thing...some people are genetically prone to getting them :0/

    ReplyDelete