Monday, December 3, 2012

Christmas Countdown: Days 2 and 3

Sunday night (day 2) is a busy night.  With school the next day our girls are busy making sure everything they need is in their backpacks and/ or signed.  Then there is the normal routine of dinner and baths.  To countdown to Christmas we kept it simple.  The girls and I got out some red and green construction paper and made a paper chain to go across the large opening/doorway between our living room and "room of requirement". 

It was a simple task but the girls still had a lot of fun doing it.  I'm sure the fact that our cat, Willow, was trying to attack the chain with everything he had helped too.  It also allowed the girls to further help in the decorating of our home.  Up until now I have done most of the decorating myself with them helping with a few ornaments on the tree.  However this is making them proud and to feel more a part of the celebration. 

Today (day 3) we went to visit my in laws and had to go to the market.  We were still able to continue on though as we watched two different Rudolph movies that were on tv at my in laws home.  This allowed not only fun and new movies to be introduced (one about Rudolph and a New Years baby and the other about a toy thief Rudolph helps catch), but also allowed extended family to be a part of our celebration. 

So far the girls are enjoying our special evenings and crafts.  Hopefully you are able to do this with your family also.  Without a ready made list we are able to modify our experiences to fit what may be going on.  That may be the trick to this. I have several more ideas of things to do in my head but haven't written them down to see if I have enough to cover the 24 days.  Feel free to share any ideas you may have also.

No comments:

Post a Comment