Friday, December 7, 2012

Christmas Countdown: Days 4, 5, and 6

Last night while I was making dinner, hubby and the girls put up our Christmas tree.  I admit I was a little sad that he didn't think of waiting so I could be a part of it.  Though by the time he was home I was already starting dinner and knew it needed finished. Besides i don't usually do much but record them.  So far we have it undecorated to see how our cat is going to react to it.  He has already tried chewing it as soon as it was out of the box.  It doesn't help that my mother tells me how her cat has climbed into hers and actually while on the phone with my mom last night the cat made it to the very top.  (She is planning on taking it down).  Let's all pray our cat doesn't get those ideas to try it.

After dinner we also had our towns parade.  It goes through Main Street which is just at the bottom of our hill.  The four of us went down, watched the bands and floats, got candy though not always at the same time.  In typical fashion, even though I tried to get them to go to the bathroom before we left, Katherine really had to go during the parade.   So Justin took her up while Ava and I got candy for her too.  About five minutes after she got back, Ava had to go.  Back up the hill went Daddy and again the daughter still there and I got more candy for the missing sister. 

The girls have also received their Christmas messages from Santa Wednesday. I found the site last year and the girls love it.  You get to personalize and add pictures so he becomes more real.  Plus, it's free!!!   Interested?  Go to http://www.portablenorthpole.com/home .  There are also options to buy other packages but the basic is pretty amazing itself.  If you do make one this year don't worry, they change them up every year so the kids won't catch on. 

We also had a night of hot chocolate and Christmas stories.  Maybe that doesn't sound that exciting but the girls love getting to snuggle in our big bed and read stories together. 

Of course every morning we still go around to find Boyd, our Elf on the Shelf.  I was shocked at how many people do not seem to like him on Facebook.  I guess I understand because they see pictures of the elf doing things he shouldn't be doing - things our children would be in trouble for.  Well, that's just the doing of those people and have nothing to do with the tradition of him.  Ours is a good boy and it's pretty much a game of not so hide and seek.  From my point of view - very worth the money. 

I hope you're having a great time celebrating the Christmas season! 

No comments:

Post a Comment