Friday, March 16, 2012

Attack on Women

Has anyone else noticed just how badly women are being treated lately?  In the past 5 years it seems as though we have been pushed back, pushed down, down played, and rated as second class citizens.  The fight that our Great Grandmothers undertook has come back.  We need to stand up against this.  Even you men out there can stand up to the ones doing this.  Voice your support, show your support! 

Today I wrote to Lego about their sexism.  My daughters love Ninjago and want clothing with the characters on it.  So I have been online for an hour looking.  EVERYTHING says boys.  Nothing for a girl?  Girls like fight sports too.  In the letter I also warned not to insult us (women) and make just a shirt with Nya (the girl character on the show). 

My husband and I didn't even think of Legos as a boy thing until last year when they released Lego Girls.  Pink and Purple blocks that make a doll house and mall I believe.  Yep thats what all girls want.  Do they not realize the money they are losing due to this mentality.  If nothing else than the fact that women are the driving force behind sales.

Then there is the fun of not covering womens health needs on insurance plans.  This isn't just about the birth control.  When I had Katherine 6 years ago I paid 60 or the 80 dollars for prenatal vitamins.  Why?  Because they are considered as an option. 

Or the people not pissed about birth control.  The people that believe only girls who are easy want it.  What is it costing these people?  Don't we the families pay the insurance to "cover" us? (I think insurance is laughable). Plus what about women like myself that are married?  Am I a slut because I would want to get birth control?  Should I just keep popping out babies so you can complain about that too?  Or what about if birth control is taken away and these women get abortions?  Oh yeah, they will be jumped on for that too.  Where in the world did the Government or even the people of this nation get the idea that they could tell a woman what they can and can not do? 

Then there is the issue with women fighting on the front line.  Don't we need people to sign up?  Isn't that a good and noble thing?  It is when men do it.  How about that when these women are raped that it is somehow their fault?  This disgusting idea needs to be stopped!  Even more shocking are the women out their cosigning these insane ideas.  Where is their outrage?  Why are people not fighting back? 

I fear for my children but I also believe this is why God gave me daughters.  Not to sound arrogant but I am a strong woman that will make sure they know their worth.  I will back them up and teach them to have a back bone.  I will help them find mates that will see their worth and also stand next to them.

Please, help teach your children.  Stand up and fight back against these injustices because after they take away womens rights, who will they attack next?

No comments:

Post a Comment