Monday, February 27, 2012

Another Piece of my Childhood

This evening I was doing my normal general search on the web when I found out.  Jan Berenstain co creator of the Berenstain Bears died today. 

I understand that her son has been helping with the books since her husband passed but it still feels like an end to the books I love. 

In fact, I love the books so much that my daughters are apt to buy them just because they know how much I enjoy them. Heck, I am even a fan on Facebook and have borrowed the dvds from the library.  Last year a new breed of yard sale, the online yard sale started to blossom in our area.  It was there that I found about 10 more of their books to add to my collection.  I also have been wanting the new Bible they came out with. 

There are so many great memories that include reading those books.  They are so sweet and teach great lessons.  They create this amazing town and images that I wished many times to live in a tree like they do.  Here I am at 31 still saying that the bench they have in the book is the type I want for our porches. 

I am hoping that they still have many great ideas planned for the books and that they do not get lost over time.  As for our family, I will keep sharing a wonderful treasure I have known since childhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment