Friday, February 10, 2012

Progress

Again this months habit is decluttering on the FlyLady program.  I have been slowly working at it.  Now I'm not sure if I have been doing the 15 minutes a day because I don't just sit down and say "Okay 15 minutes starting now".  I have just been more free with releasing items. 

My Ava is getting taller and so her 3t clothes that still fit on the waist are too short.  Again, this is where MOPS comes in handy.  I have sent all the clothes to a friend there, Heather.  What she doesn't want or need for her daughter I am guessing she gives to someone else or sends it to the host churches clothing closet. 

We have already gotten rid of toys.  They went to MOPS, mom friends, and Goodwill. 

I have a box of magazines here for another mom at MOPS.  Not sure if she will like them all but I am sure she will find something to do with them.  If nothing else let her little boy tear them up.  Katherine and Ava used to love doing that as babies/ toddlers.  It also kept them from wanting to use our books to destroy.

There is still a lot to go through but I am doing better.  I even started throwing away all the work sheets the girls bring home from school.  They can stay if the teachers wrote something special on them or if it is a picture with a story that my girls created.  Don't worry, I do it when they are not around so they don't get upset or think I don't care about their work.

My living room is starting to clear out now.  Definite progress has been made.

1 comment:

  1. i've been working on it too! it feels good to get rid of stuff! another blogger has solved the worksheet/coloring sheet problems from kindergarten and pre-K by taking pictures of each one before it is tossed...unless it is super special...i'm going to try that one!

    ReplyDelete