Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Stupid stuff you hear when you have daughters

1.  "Awe you are so lucky to be able to get cute girlie items." ----  Just because that is the gender does not make them just love all things pink and frilly.  Walk into my girls rooms and you will see matchbox cars, posters from Cars and Toy Story, books about dinosaurs and ninjas, etc.

2.  "Wish I had a girl to dress them up in cute dresses."  -----  Katherine would cry and refuse to wear anything dress like when she was 2 and 3.  Also dressing up a young child?  Really?  They get into so many messes and kids clothes may be small but still come with a big price tag.

3.  "Girls are so much calmer than boys" ---- Trust me, these little balls of energy are just as hyper as boys.  Lord knows everyday I have to remind them that fighting is not a game so stop play fighting. 

4.  " Girls are easier to potty train." ---- Let's see boys can aim at Cheerios to potty train.  What can girls do?  yeah think about that. 

5.  "Girls are so emotional". ---- Yes but I have seen many boys have diva fits too.  Something tells me it has to do with the age more so than gender.

6. "Girls are better behaved." ---- My children behave because I have taught and enforced polite behaviors.  This may also be because people like to use the old "boys will be boys" and let them act however.  Trust me, we have a son he will listen the same as my girls.

I hope you enjoyed this short list.  I am in the process of working on the laundry before the kids get home from school.  Who knows I may think of more later.  Now go forth and make sure never to utter any of the mentioned stupid comments.  : )

No comments:

Post a Comment