Sunday, February 26, 2012

Here goes nothing






These are the seeds Ava and I purchases today.  Now we rent and do not have a yard but it looks like we are planning on having a garden. 

I had gotten a tomato plant when the girls were 3 and 4 and just as my little green tomatoes were getting bigger Ava plucked them.  : (  Still sad about that.  She assures me that this year she will not do that. 

Now we do not get much direct sunlight so I am thinking of trying to plant most of this in containers. Maybe once they start to really grow well I can transfer into the small area in the back of our home?  Still not sure what to do but I know I have until April - June since every one of these packs have that as the sow time. 

Really I am hoping that this works since after reading all the weird things the government is doing to our foods I want to eat more natural.  It would be great to grow them on my own since organic foods are so high priced.  Since the government is going to crack down on junk food you would think they would help lower the cost of fresh foods.  Then again they do like to engineer foods.  (seriously read up on it if you think you can stomach it). 

The peppers and tomatoes need to first be planted inside for about a month and a half.  Maybe that will give them a fighting chance to survive.  Maybe the landlord would cut back the trees around our back porch so we can plant better in the area back there.  It never hurts to ask. 

Everyone pray that we can do this and it turns out well.  I love the idea of being able to grow our own foods, have them handy, and eventually have enough to start canning. 

Ahh I can picture it now.  Bright sunny day.  Walking in with a basket of veggies from our garden to cook for dinner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment