Friday, February 17, 2012

Book

I finally found a book that has caught my interest and has held it.  I have had a number of let downs this year.  Actually was going to just give up reading until one of my favorite authors came out with another one. Luckily I found a book to read and am loving it. 






It is a mystery but soft boiled. Nothing super gruesome.  We all know the rule is to get through three chapters of a book because most get interesting then.  Well, I was hooked and wanting to read more from the start.

The main character is in her late 40s and just got fired from the newspaper she works at.  Before leaving she looked up the ads and found a new job.  She then goes to work reading manuscripts.  No one seems to last through the intern part but she has bills to pay and a teenage son in college to try and pay for.  On her first day there is a murder at the office.  She feels she owes it to the deceased to find out who would do such a thing and the tangled web starts. 

This is really a great book to read.  The author has created a very charming town and made sure to add fun characters.  (Did I mention the main characters mother is a psychic and predicted the murder?) 

Definitely one I would suggest you check out.

No comments:

Post a Comment