Sunday, January 8, 2012

The First Week of the New Year

It is now official, we have made it through the first week of the new year.  I thought it would be fitting to do an update on my resolutions now.  Maybe even every week, who knows? 

As with most people that set out with a big list of blanket resolutions, I have fallen short.  In fact I have considered just ignoring them.  Then I think of this blog and it works almost like a way to hold me accountable.  So though I may fall short, I will carry on.

- Healthy eating.  My first area was to do a complete overhaul.  Well that worked until the late evening last Monday.   I then went over.  : (   So I then tried to reduce the amount of Dr Pepper I drink.  (I realize it is getting too out of control).  That resulted in lots of migraines and I caved. 
   My solution is to eat small amounts during the day so that most of my calories came come at night.  Since I have realized that I seem to be a late night eater.  Also instead of taking the Dr Pepper away I am going to introduce more water.  Maybe switch between a bottle of water then I can have a Dr Pepper. 

- Scripture journal. I have started one.  I found myself trying to find something to write every night in it.  I stopped myself though.  I just wrote when there was a thought that stood out to me.  It is probably very juvenile but like in the video I posted, when you first start you are a beginner.  It will change in time the more we study and learn. 

- Scriptures.  I have been reading except for the couple nights that I just crashed.  Night before last was a perfect example.  Justin was laying there and I laid next to him, we normally do this before going to do our own things, so we can have time to talk.  That night however I fell right asleep.

- Blogging.  I somehow came up with blogging at night.  That doesn't seem to always be working.  So from now on I will blog whenever I have time or something comes into my mind.  That should be more helpful considering I would think of a topic and then at night I couldn't remember what it was.

- Language.  It's still not squeaky clean but much better.  Again I have noticed it comes out more in certain situations or around certain people.  Maybe that has to do with the image I have built?  I don't know.

- The Kids. I have been saying yes at least once a day to them.  Not sure how much effect it is having though.  Hopefully it is relieving their stress.

Katherine is still thrilled with her clean and organized room.  She likes to actually go and spend time there.  In fact she likes us to go play in her room now too.  I have told Ava that I will try to get her room done this week and she is excited about that too.

I think I got the resolutions I made covered.  Maybe I should have written them down somewhere else so I could check back.  : ) 

Hope you guys that read this are doing well.  Feel free to comment or link your blogs here. 

2 comments:

  1. this post reminded me of the newsletter from MOPS today...Jan. Resolution and what actually happened in Feb! way to stick to them (at least some of it!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and I forgot I have read a book for the first week. It is called Smothered and is composed of letters from a mother to a son.

    ReplyDelete