Sunday, January 1, 2012

Hello 2012

Last year I didn't make resolutions.  However, throughout the year I kept finding myself making these promises of things I wanted to change or do.  That's a resolution right?  This year I decided why not?  I'll keep them about as well as anything else I would vow to do during the year.

Here are the things on my list (that I can think of right now anyway):

- Lose weight.  I know how very original but a few years ago I was doing well.  I'm not sure where I derailed or why I couldn't jump back into it.  I am now 60lbs heavier than when I moved here 4 years ago.  I need to do it not just to look better by public standards but to set a good example for my girls.  Also to help lower my LDLs and improve my heart, energy, and stamina.

- Read a book a week.  I achieved this in 2010 but last year only read a dozen.  I'm thinking the online gaming and Facebooking helped me stray. 

- Read AT LEAST one chapter of scripture a day.  I am going to start with The Book of Mormon as I have been a member for almost 16 years, and have yet to read it from cover to cover in order.  I know I have read it all but thats from institute and sunday school.  Just want to do it in order to get the fullness.  Does that make any sense?

- I am also going to actively rejoin Flyladys program.  Again a few years ago I was doing great.  I know I will be put outside of my comfort zone and have to get rid of much stuff (you can't clean clutter).  This is another area I have issues.  I am almost afraid to get rid of things.  Money is a bad subject for us and I want to keep everything so I don't feel the girls are going without.  This has lead to lots of junk (lets be honest thats what most of it is) going to waste and causing stress since there is no place to put it all.

- I also have a goal to blog everyday.  Even if the entry is only a few words.  Really, why have a blog if I never really use it?

- I also need to clean up the language.  I guess I am so used to hearing "spicy language" used that I don't really notice when I use it.  Plus this is one of the things I can control.

- I also plan on starting a scripture journal.  I love the idea of it but honestly am not sure what to do with it.  So if you have any tips, ideas, etc let me know.

-  Finally, I want to be a better mommy.  Too often I used the phrase "I busy right now"  and though that may be true a times most of the time I just dont want to.  Then I realized how that must feel to the girls.  So once a day I will say yes to them.  "Do you want to play with me?"  "yes"  I can always get back to whatever I am doing later. 



I truly hope that I do well with these.  They are all pretty important and can only help me.  May all of you also achieve in this new year. 

1 comment: