Thursday, January 19, 2012

Mickey........

A couple years ago my girls loved watching Noggin and Playhouse Disney.  Then Comcast decided they were giving away too many channels and took Noggin away.  So they were all about Disney.  Katherine even had a special birthday lunch that was Mickey themed for her and a few friends. 

Now three years later we rarely turn to that channel.  The books that once were read and reread everyday are collecting dust.  The toys have been given away and not mentioned.  Even the collection of dvds are sitting on the shelf - not given a glance.

My girls switched to Nick.  Spongebob entered their world against Mommy's wishes.  Preteen shows became their favorites.  They are growing too fast.  Plus anyone that has seen Nick knows it isn't for young children anymore.  Sure they air Nick Jr shows for a few hours in the morning but if older kids are out of school for any reason it goes back to older shows.  I actually am wondering if they only have a couple shows anymore.  Seriously, I can guess what will be on.  None are what I think my girls should watch.

When I thought it couldn't get worse it did.  Thanks to my husband basically looking out for what HE wants, they have found cartoon network.  Every show I have seen is rude, violent, almost adult in content, etc.  Plus I have yet to find one show on there that even seems to be geared towards girls. 

Last night I told them there will be no more cartoon network.  Every time they see these shows they get in the mood to "play" fight.  It is not okay to me at all.  I have made it clear to Hubby that it is not to be on anymore. 

At this point I wish they'd want to watch Dora.  I can't believe I said that either. 

1 comment:

  1. *GASP* it must be bad if you are wishing for Dora!!! i actually agree with everything you wrote! eric and i have debated dropping Nick Jr...but over the past few weeks between Disney, Cartoon Network, and Nick there is NOTHING appropriate on! It is so frustrating! At 2pm it's all tween shows, and cartoon network is disgusting!

    ReplyDelete