Monday, January 2, 2012

RIP Sir Mix Alot

Nope not the rapper, my electric hand mixer.   Tonight I was working on making more cookies since I have the stuff and hate keeping items that are open in my pantry.  During the mixing of the first batch of Chocolate Chip Cookies he started making a funny sound and then started to smell hot.  (Yes, you can smell hot). 

I got this mixer with gift cards from our wedding 6 years ago.   I know many people have told me that 5 years into marriage and the wedding gifts start failing.  I just didn't expect it. 

Now that we have kids plus other circumstances that make money tight, who knows when I will be able to get another mixer.  He was $25.00 and I do want to get another like him..... not sure what the new ones name will be.  So if anyone reading this works for Black and Decker feel free to send me another Pro Power mixer.  Mine was white and gray. 

I know there are some negative reviews for this model but I loved it.  You also need to read the reviews (I was on Walmart.com ) .  Most were complaining that it was too fast even at the lowest speed and therefore would get splattered my the things they were mixing.  Let me remind you of the name - Pro Power.  I'm thinking, well I know, the splatter factor wasn't that bad.  I enjoyed the extra power too.

Another person said theirs broke in 2 months or 2 years?  Not sure why.  Mine was a trooper.  Guessing there was some user error. 

My favorite 1 star review came from a woman.  She had a B&D mixer in the past and loved it.  However, he husband was using it one day and burned up the motor.  She went back to B&D since she had loved the previous product.  Only this time they had the switches reversed.  To her that was horrible and the reason to take it back ASAP.  Hahaha  seriously?  Guess we all know someone who is not going to be very good with adapting to situations. 

I finished the dough by mixing with my wooden spoon.  When it came time to enjoy the cookies, we took a moment to honor the one that gave himself to making them.  To remember Sir Mix Alot while enjoying the last recipe he mixed for us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment